Posted on May 25, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Internal/External
Case Aide - Family Reunification Home
Contract Position to March 31, 2024 with possible extension
Location – Kenora
The Case Aide is a full-time contract program support position. The Case Aide provides Family Reunification and Prevention support services by assisting with planning, developing and implementation of community-based prevention and culturally appropriate programs as related to child and family service needs of the community. Services are delivered directly to clients in their homes and/or alternative care settings.
• Community College Diploma preferred or High School Diploma with 2 years direct related experience, however, combination of skills, education and experience may be considered
• Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, the First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions
• Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations
• Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including the services delivery model, policies, procedures and guidelines
• Ability to take direction and work within the Agency’s Philosophy, polices, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of children and youth developmental needs
• Extensive experience working with high risk and special needs children
• Ability to ensure safety of children and youth while transporting to appointments and other events
• Ability to supervise family visits
• Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, children and their families, and caregivers
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
• Excellent interpersonal skills and must enjoy being with children
• Excellent time management skills and ability to flex daily work hours
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to help Anishinaabe children and their families by providing support services in ways that respect Anishinaabe cultural and spiritual practices
• Committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License, be willing to travel and provide a current Drivers Abstract
• Current First Aid and CPR Certificates ; and
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The position will require the successful candidate to lift up to a maximum of 50Ibs and work in high stress social settings, work with potential aggressive clientele, volatile sociopolitical environments, being called out with no notice to emergency situations, travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions, exposure to diverse living conditions and community environments and different sociocultural milieus. Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, children and their families, and caregivers.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $40,769 - $50,000 per annum
Benefits: This contract position is eligible for 4 weeks paid vacation, Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits and voluntary participation in the AAFS Pension program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #CA202300606 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: TUESDAY JUNE 06, 2023 at 4:30pm
Job type: Contract