Posted on May 25, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Administrative, Finance, Healthcare, Professionals
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
Accounts Payable Clerk General 2
Full Time Permanent Position
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
The Accounts Payable Clerk-General 2 is a full-time permanent administrative position. The Accounts Payable Clerk-General 2 is responsible for timely and accurate payment of all general expenditures of the Corporation including ISC and Provincial programs.
• Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with three years direct related experience. However, others with a combination of skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job may be considered
• Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions
• Thorough knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including service delivery, policies, procedures, and office methods
• Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times; thorough understanding that all agency matters related to finance, service, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential;
• Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, board members, vendors, and other community service providers;
• Ability to ensure accounts payable for different programs are delivered with excellence and conform to provincial legislation, regulations, and funding framework, and Agency philosophy, policies, procedures, guidelines and auditing standards;
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Extensive experience working with a computerized accounting system; demonstrated ability to compile financial information and prepare reports
• Demonstrated ability to batch and code accounts payable vouchers, and reconcile batch listings
• Ability to ensure staff and board member expenditures, and cheque requisitions are duly authorized as set out in the policies and procedures
• Ability to reconcile credit cards statements on monthly basis, follow up with credit card holders for backups and flag any exceptions to Finance Controller and DOFA
• Ability to resolve accounts payable discrepancies with staff, board members, and vendors
• Ability to ensure all invoices are approved by authorized signatories and within their authorized limits and flag any exceptions to Finance Controller and DOFA
• Ability to prepare any prepaid, unearned entries to be posted on monthly basis and create monthly reconciliation
• Ability to prepare backup documentation required for Auditors and for other reporting requirements/backups
• Excellent time management, problem -solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the Finance Controller
• Excellent computer skill and keyboard speed of 50 words per minute
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract; and
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $46,025 - $56,446
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #APG220230606 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: TUESDAY JUNE 06, 2023 at 4:30pm
Job type: Full-time