Posted on May 25, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
MÉTIS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
May 25, 2023
The Métis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) is a business investment and management firm, and proud affiliate of the Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF), that works to make key business investment decisions based on generating profit and building capacity for the long-term sustainability of the Red River Métis within Manitoba.
The MEDO seeks to fill one full-time Store Associate position within our Ed Simard General Store located at 150 Henry Avenue in Winnipeg, MB. The Store Associate will actively engage with customers providing product suggestions while sharing product knowledge and Red River Métis Artisan knowledge.
• Greeting customers in a friendly manner and helping them with their purchasing decisions;
• Answering customer questions regarding merchandising, pricing, and promotions;
• Processing and organizing daily shipments and set-up of the retail area;
• Making sure all inventory is processed, priced and put away;
• Ensuring store conditions are consistently upheld to standards;
• Completing sales by accepting cash, credit cards, or debit payments, while ensuring accuracy of transactions;
• Working with store management to devise ways to maximize store sales;
• Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options;
• Recommend new processes or systems for improvement; implement new ideas and strategies.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role;
• Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices;
• Proficiency in English is required;
• Hands-on experience with POS transactions;
• Ability to create and maintain good relationships with vendor, suppliers, and Red River Métis Artisans;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Red River Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, June 4, 2023.
The MEDO requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MEDO will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time