Posted on May 25, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Job Summary: Portage Aircraft Maintenance works closely with Portage Aircraft Specialties, who is the exclusive Canadian agricultural retail dealership for Air Tractor Inc. As an AME for Portage Aircraft Maintenance, you will have the opportunity to use your skills on the Air Tractor aircrafts and in our structure/welding related facility. You will keep our company in A1 standings as you make repairs and do inspections alongside our skilled team of engineers. Utilize your experience and enhance your training to troubleshoot issues on all associated systems of our aircraft. Applicants should be very detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-oriented with a focus on safety and professionalism. Portage Aircraft Maintenance Ltd will also support an applicant, through an apprenticeship program, who is committed to pursuing a career as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. This full-time position comes with a competitive wage based on experience, health benefit package and RRSP option with company match. Start date immediately.
Responsibilities & duties
• Perform routine maintenance operations
• Inspect and examine aircraft components to find damage, defects, or wear, including hydraulic systems and landing gear for leaks, cracks, breaks or other issues.
• Diagnose and repair aircraft engines.
• Read and utilize maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
• Perform hourly, daily, monthly and annual inspection to check for cracks, oil leaks, foreign object damage, missing segments and wear
• Complete all tasks in the allotted time frame and to the quality standards of our company, our customer and Transport Canada
• Promote safety within the workplace by monitoring others and yourself to guarantee all tasks are performed within the safety manual guidelines, and communicate with other mechanics and supervisors to coordinate repairs and keep appraised of safety concerns
• Assist with keeping detailed records of the inspections performed, repairs finished, and maintenance procedures carried out.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ability to diagnose both electrical and mechanical problems
• Ability to identify repair procedures, examining parts for defects and replacing with new ones.
• Must be detail-oriented and have good trouble shooting skills
• Good coordination in order to assemble and manipulate aircraft parts
• Must possess agility, strength and observational proficiency
• Have a sound knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (C.A.R.s)
• Effective communication skills with team members
• Capable of working independently, successfully managing his or her time and work flow.
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
• Must be qualified to work in Canada and hold a Transport Canada issued AME license.
Job type: Full-time