The Board of Directors of the Moose Jaw Downtown and Soccer/Field House Facilities Inc. is accepting applications for the position of General Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for overall planning, leadership, management, administration, and operation of:
• Mosaic Place - a 210,000 square foot facility featuring a 4,465 seat arena, the eight sheet Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre as well as conference, banquet and meeting room facilities.
• YaraCentre – Field House facility featuring a 60m x 100m artificial turf surface, 4 lane rubber walking track and fitness facility.
Education & Experience:
1. University degree in business/administration, marketing, or facility management.
2. Ten (10) years’ experience in multi-purpose facility management and five (5) years industry experience.
3. A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to the above-listed qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Strategic and operational planning and budgeting skills.
2. Considerable knowledge of marketing, public relations, advertising as well as event solicitation, promotion and management.
3. Proven ability to lead, supervise, and manage staff performance.
4. Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
5. Ability to work simultaneously with broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment.
6. Ability to anticipate and identify problems and implement corrective action.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of sports, entertainment and convention facilities.
For a full job description, please visit https://www.mosaicplace.ca/employment
Submit resumes no later than October 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. at [email protected] or mail to:
110 1St Avenue N. W.
Moose Jaw SK S6H 3L9
Job type: Full-time