HC2 Clerk 2
Department of Families
Property Services - North Central, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Portage la Prairie, MB
Advertisement Number: 273
Salary(s): HC2 $32,928.00 - $38,885.00 per year
Closing Date: November 6, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: Manitoba Housing.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search.
• Must provide a satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
• Experience providing clerical and administrative support in an office environment.
• Experience providing superior customer service to the public in person and over the phone.
• Experience maintaining accuracy and paying attention to detail.
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi task within a changing environment.
• Experience in accounts receivable including receiving payments through various sources.
• Proficient working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Experience checking and processing invoices for payment
The Field clerk is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and general clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations. The Field Clerk will utilize established policies and procedures to complete their tasks. Responsibilities include: typing documents, receiving and verifying invoices, processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, collecting money and issuing receipts, verifying that transactions comply with Manitoba Housing policies and procedures, data entry of financial information into spreadsheets, preparing reports, maintaining filing systems, greeting and assisting visitors, answering phones, directing calls and responding to inquiries.
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 0C4
Email: [email protected]
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Job type: Full-time