Posted on August 31, 2023. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
Employment Opportunity: Direct Support Professional – Supported Independent Living
enVision Community Living exist to inspire equality, inclusion, and the value of all people. Our team welcome candidates from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, newcomers, foreign workers, student visa holders, citizens, and permanent residents.
About the Opportunity: We are seeking Direct Support Professional – Supported Independent Living to help the whole team in empowering the people we support to live the best life of their choosing. Through Person-Centered approach & dignity of risk perspective, the successful candidate will empower person supported to identify and accomplish their life goals. The incumbent will ensure that they have tools for success – from financial budget spreadsheet to cruise promo package deals. The DSP-SIL will possess adaptability, patience, good sense of humor, positivity & creativity, empathy & warmth, good community connector, passion for social justice & human rights advocacy, and able to remain calm in stressful situations.
WHY enVision Community Living? enVision Community Living is a not-for-profit organization committed towards delivering support to adults living with intellectual disability the opportunity to live the best life of their choosing. For over 67 years, we have been moving Abilities to Impact of every team member through The enVision Experience (Employee Value Proposition) - Passionate Work Environment, Engaging Workplace, Inspired Atmosphere, Inclusive Culture, and Employee Well-being.
Employee Total Rewards (eligibility applies) education increment, extended health with dental & vision coverage for you and dependents, short term disability & long term disability benefit, life insurance, travel insurance, pension plan matching, generous paid leave (vacation, sick, personal paid days), EAP for you and dependents, free onsite parking, paid learning & development days, lunch & learn/knowledge feast series, access to over 500 modules in enVision training library, service awards, flex-time options, and more.
• No experience required
• Experience, education, or training in the Disability Sector will be considered an asset
• Core Competencies: Advocacy, building relationships, championing change and innovation, facilitating growth and development, inclusive leadership, problem solving and decision making, resilience, resource management, strategic thinking, valuing EDI (equity, diversity, and inclusion)
• Experience working or volunteering in Human Services is an asset
• Valid Manitoba Class 5F License and access to vehicle, willingness to transport person supported required
• Clear Adult & Child Abuse Registry and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector. Document will be considered current if obtained no more than 3 months prior to start of employment
• Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
• Hours of Work: shifts may include days, evening, afternoon, weekend, and overnight.
o Full-time: 80 hours bi-weekly
o Part-time: 59 hours bi-weekly
o Casual: Up to 50 hours bi-weekly
• Location: depending on the current vacancy, applicant may have the opportunity to choose from Steinbach, Niverville, St. Anne, La Broquerie Manitoba locations.
enVision Community Living values diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us in advance. Information received will be strictly confidential and would not affect the application
Job type: Full-time