Position: Short Order Cook II Wage Range: $11.72 to $12.39
Department: Kitchen Pattern/Schedule Weekends/Evenings - shift
Location: 1 Valhalla Inn Road, Thunder Bay
Job Status: Full-time and Part-time available
Airline Hotels, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, is an award-winning, privately-held Canadian company with hotels in SK, AB, MB, and ON. As an equal opportunity employer to 920 associates, we believe in our values: Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Entrepreneurship.
You will be responsible for maximizing our guests experience by preparing delicious meals as part of our Kitchen team. Your responsibilities include preparation of complete meals or individual dishes, basic mise en place, quality control, portioning and presentation and fast service of all items including sauces, vegetables and farinaceous products. You must have good knowledge of roasting, grilling, poaching, and frying of meat, poultry, fish & vegetable products. You will prepare and cook full course meals, individual dishes and other food items as requested, in a timely and efficient manner, while strictly following recipes and production standards. Ensuring quality and consistency of food, determining portion size, attractive plating and limiting waste while working with minimal supervision are required for this position. The successful candidate will also have the ability to prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances, work with specialized cooking equipment (grill, deep fryer, etc.), clean kitchen and work areas. Follow established policies and procedures and maintain the customer service quality to Valhalla Inn standards. As well as assisting with training or assisting the chef with inventory or other duties as required to ensure the efficient operation and production of our kitchen operations. You are essential to maximizing our guests experience at Valhalla Inn.
Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities: (Abbreviated)
• Must have good knowledge of preparation meat, experience grilling steaks.
• Knowledge of specialized cooking equipment and food safety practices
• Ability to react quickly and adapt to different situations
• Ability to prepare and cook individual dishes and foods as well as full course meals
• Ability to work independently with enthusiasm and self-motivation
Education, Experience, & Skills: (Abbreviated)
• Ability to follow instructions, procedures and recipes
• Experience in high volume prep, and working in a fast paced kitchen
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task and a desire to exceed guest
• Minimum 3 years experience in a line cook capacity or completion of college or other culinary education
• Available to work days, weekends and evenings
Please mail, email, or fax your resume OR Hotel Application form to Valhalla Inn Human Resources, 1 Valhalla Inn Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6J1 or [email protected], or (807)475-4723
Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Airline Hotels is an equal opportunity employer that supports workforce diversity and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.