For nearly a century Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Our vision is to become a leading Canadian Christ-centred university that transforms students into leaders of knowledge, character, and faith to serve Christ in a changing world.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will directly contribute to the advancement of the Providence mission by working with the Director in many of the varied tasks of the HR department. The Human Resources department is growing to meet the increasing needs of an expanding employee base and to enhance our current thriving workplace culture. Tasks will center around the areas of employee contracts, benefits administration, employee training and events, creation and implementation of HR policies, employee support and problem solving, as well as general administrative tasks largely involving computer software and various websites.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administrative support with all HR policies, programs, and practices.
• Maintain updated employee information regarding benefits programs and enter information into benefits websites. Communicate changes to payroll.
• Administrative support and direct involvement in the recruitment and selection process as well as with onboarding and offboarding details.
• Cultivate professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Assist the Director in conducting orientation and training programs.
• Assist with the employee evaluation and assessment process, including gathering and formatting relevant information.
• Research relevant employee policies as determined by the Director, to ensure legal compliance.
• Update content for the Employee Handbook on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain updated job requirements and job descriptions for all employee positions.
• Maintain accurate Human Resources records and house information electronically.
• Event planning and implementation with various employee functions.
• Connect and communicate with employees and supervisors with the purpose of understanding levels of job satisfaction as well as needs.
• Act in place of the Director when needed.
• Participate in or provide leadership to committees as assigned.
• Human Resources Knowledge. A good understanding of various HR policies and practices.
• Excellent Administrative Skills. Strong detail-oriented approach with efficiency.
• Communication. Excellent written and verbal skills, adaptable to various audiences and situations.
• Emotional Intelligence. Strong relationship-building and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Initiative: A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Dependability: Reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
• Multi-tasking: Ability to work on multiple tasks, ability to prioritize.
• Confidentiality: Critical requirement in exercising discretion and confidentiality in various settings.
• Flexibility/Adaptability. Comfortable with frequent and ongoing change.
• Critical thinking. Excellent capacity to reason, evaluate and apply.
• Technical aptitude. Skilled and comfortable with using technology.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must exhibit a Human Resources career trajectory and/or career planning related to working in HR.
• BA in Business Administration (HR focus) or Diploma in Human Resource Management is a strong asset.
• 2-3 years experience is an asset.
• Excellent communication and administrative skills are critical.
• Proficient in MS Office 365.
• Working knowledge of various computer software products.
• An enthusiastic personal Christian faith commitment.
• A commitment to Christian higher education.
• Support the Providence mission, vision, and values.
• Affirm the Providence Statement of Faith
• Agree to abide by the Providence Covenant of Community Life
• This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week.
• In-person position, largely on the Otterburne campus. Potential for an occasional presence at the Providence Downtown Winnipeg location.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Marlin Reimer, Director of Human Resources
Start Date: October 16, 2023. Flexibility with an earlier or later start date.
Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority. Applications from women and members of underrepresented groups are especially welcome. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected to proceed in the application process will be contacted.
Further information about Providence University College and Theological Seminary may be found at prov.ca.
Job type: Full-time