Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities by providing reliable and food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork and want to grow together with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
The general purpose of the Sales Representative is to support the sales goals by generating new customers, overseeing existing clientele, and providing comprehensive support for all sales-related endeavors. This role will ensure that the customer experience is positive and contribute to the company's profitability goals. This role will promote the company and its products, maintain existing customer accounts, and research and create relationships with new customers to build a competitive edge in the industry.
What You Will be Responsible For:
• Achieving sales targets in quantity, product diversity, and scheduled timeframe;
• Maintaining accurate sales records including customer information, forecasts, and contracts;
• Proactively establish and maintain customer accounts and a high degree of customer service and satisfaction;
• Identify prospects, make effective sales calls, and promote the company’s products;
• Participate in local and international sales meetings, promotional events, and trade shows;
• Identify new sales opportunities by analyzing competitors marketing and sales activities, customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape;
• Coordinate with various internal departments to ensure timely delivery of products and services;
• Support the sales team in managing the sales pipeline and meeting the predetermined objectives;
• Responsible to work closely with the Sales & Purchasing Manager to grow the profitability of the company by helping develop and execute long-term strategies;
What You Will Bring:
• Previous experience in a sales role; experience in a food manufacturing or food and beverage industry is considered an asset;
• Proven experience in negotiating deals, contracts, or agreements;
• Self-motivated, driven, and willing to work towards achieving and exceeding sales targets;
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate product information effectively;
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues;
• Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing market conditions;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; and experience with CRM systems is an asset;
• Ethical conduct and a commitment to maintaining honesty and integrity in all sales interactions;
• High school diploma required; degree in business, marketing, or a related field would be considered an asset;
• Valid driver's license and ability to travel internationally;
What We Offer:
• Full-time (40-hour week), permanent position, in a growth-oriented company;
• The opportunity to contribute to the company's objectives by sharing your insights in the development of new strategies and solutions;
• Competitive salary based on skills and experience;
• Comprehensive benefits package and group pension program;
• On-site, remote, or hybrid work can be considered.
Job type: Full-time