Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities through providing quality food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take the initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork, and want to grow together with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
This position is responsible for the efficient and good operation of all operational activities. This includes receiving, milling, packaging, warehousing, shipping, and maintenance. The Director of Operations will provide leadership for the effective operations of the plant, by ensuring the development and implementation of best-in-class manufacturing processes, efficient maintenance of plant equipment, and adherence to good manufacturing practices. This position is responsible for ensuring the efficient production of quality product that meets our commitments to our human resources, health & safety, and food safety standards.
• Provide effective leadership and guidance to the operations departments, driving maximum productivity, quality requirements, and efficiencies;
• Responsible to be a part of the senior management team;
• Responsible for complying and leading the operations departments regarding all Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Human Resource policies and procedures;
• Responsible for identifying and managing the necessary resources, personnel, materials, and tools needed to achieve and maintain optimal operations;
• Be accountable for developing, implementing, and overseeing the overall production schedule, ensuring effective control and management to achieve production targets;
• Ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the operations inventory management activities, both in physical storage and within the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system;
• Lead the team in effective collaboration, communication, and coordination across all operations departments to optimize efficiencies and departmental relationships;
• Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies to optimize operational activities;
• Responsible for the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the operations departments;
• Manage equipment procurement, extensive maintenance, and systematic plant modifications to drive operational improvements;
• Deliver information to the CEO, management team, and shareholders, sharing key performance indicators and production metrics;
• Participate in developing production targets, budgets, capital improvements, cost control programs, and other programs as needed;
• Complete other duties as assigned by the CEO.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience in a production environment;
• Demonstrated ability in decision-making and budget management;
• Strong organizational and communication skills and methods;
• Understanding of food manufacturing processes and practices;
• Ability to work in pressure situations and strong problem-solving skills;
• Full time, Monday through Friday;
• Overtime as required;
• Salary is negotiable based on knowledge and experience levels;
• Comprehensive benefits package and pension program available.
Job type: Full-time