Morning Show Producer
Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for over 65 years. We are proud to tell local stories on our radio stations and digital news outlets across Western Canada. And together with Homefield, we are proud to help local businesses grow through effective advertising, marketing, and organizational development solutions. We are committed to finding and developing people who share our passion for local communities.
We are looking for a Morning Show Producer to join the Saskatchewan Content Team. You will play a pivotal role in creating and producing engaging and captivating content relevant to an entire province. Working closely with the Morning Show Host, you will plan, coordinate, and execute a relevant and entertaining show that resonates with our audience.
In this role, you will:
• Pitch story ideas, coordinate guest schedules, and research segment topics.
• Produce live morning shows. This includes ensuring all elements of the show air in a timely and accurate manner and troubleshooting technical issues during broadcasts.
• Interact with the audience through phone calls, emails, and social media to foster a sense of community among listeners.
• Learn to become comfortable and competent with interviews, photos and video.
• Craft stories to run on the radio and online that are accurate, correct and relevant.
We’d love to meet you if:
• You love Saskatchewan.
• You have broad interests including current events, politics, trends, and human-interest stories.
• You are a strong communicator. You build rapport quickly and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You are tech savvy. A strong working knowledge PC software and the Microsoft suite is required. Experience with WideOrbit, SoundForge, Movie Studio Platinum or similar audio editing tools are an asset.
• You bring broadcast experience and/or higher education.
What We Offer in Return:
• We act with integrity, innovation, and agility – and we strive to create an environment where you can do the same.
• A strong focus on giving back to our communities.
• Regular coaching and ongoing development opportunities, including a career mapping program.
• A caring environment where the health, safety, and well-being of our current and future team members is a priority.
• Salary plus extended health benefits, pension plan, and Employee Assistance Plan
• Three weeks’ paid vacation and ten paid sick days per year, with vacation increases based on tenure… and your birthday off!
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. Golden West is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
If you’re interested in building a career with us, reach out via email@example.com.
Job type: Full-time