Posted on September 18, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Progressive Tax Services strives to provide the best possible services to our clients, and one of those services is through our amazing Tax Specialists. We specialize in tax matters such as personal returns, business returns and statements, small to large farms, and estates.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Conduct tax interview with clients.
• Ensure client confidentiality and privacy.
• Primarily prepare personal tax filings along with various information returns using Tax Cycle.
• Prepare supporting paperwork.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, mentor and supervise seasonal and off-season Specialists.
• Assist with reorganizations, preparation and filing of tax restructuring and estate planning.
• Ensure compliance with CRA regulations.
• Provide consulting and compliance expertise to clients and internal team members.
• Some bookkeeping will be required.
We’re looking for someone with:
• 4-5 years experience in a similar role.
• Completion of an accredited college accounting or tax courses.
• Previous experience coaching and managing employees on day-to-day operations challenges.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
• Experience in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Simply Accounting, TaxCycle is an asset.
This is a full-time, year-round position working Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, Saturdays and evenings during tax season.
Please submit your resume with cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply; only those selected to move further in the process will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time