Deli Clerks – Part Time - Days, Evenings and Weekends
Portage la Prairie Food Store
Deadline for applications September 25, 2023
Homestead Co-op is hiring a Part Time Deli Clerk at our Portage la Prairie Food Store location.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canada, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.homesteadco-op.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Deli Manager your duties will include, but are not limited to; efficient and accurate operation of the point of sale equipment, following company policies and procedures with respect to credit and debit cards, cheques, coupons and loss prevention. Preparation, packaging and merchandising of product ensuring safe food handling practices are followed at all times. General housekeeping and some heavy lifting is also required. Experience in a food establishment or the preparation of food is an asset.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail and:
- You have excellent customer service skills, communication skills and the ability to problem solve.
- You are highly motivated.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends. (including Sundays)
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-orientated and strive to be the best in what you do.
Proven abilities in the following competencies is considered an asset:
1. Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
2. Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
3. Interpersonal Savvy – Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
4. Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Homestead offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop and we foster a culture of living up to our values of Integrity, Responsibility, and Excellence.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve.
To apply please go to the career section of our website at www.homesteadco-op.crs
Sorry, we do not accept paper/emailed applications.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job type: Part-time