Golden Hills School Division is seeking a qualified HVAC Technician or Plumber to work with the School Division.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
The HVAC Technician or Plumber are responsible for but not limited to building maintenance, installing, maintaining, repairing and programing HVAC & plumbing equipment and mechanical work for facilities within Golden Hills School Division. The primary area includes Strathmore area schools including Caresland and Wheatland Crossing.
● 5th or 4th class power engineering ticket with additional building maintenance training. Or A journeyman plumbing certificate/ journeyman gas fitters certificate, preferred.
● Minimum one to three years related institution/industrial experience.
● Refrigeration mechanic or a controls/instrumentation mechanic is an asset
● Responsible for procurement of HVAC supplies, plumbing and gas fitting materials and supplies.
● Basic knowledge of building codes, WCB regulations, WHMIS legislation, construction, engineering and architecture terminology
● Inspect, maintain, diagnose, ascertain and repair or replace heating, condenser units, ventilation systems and other HVAC systems as required to industry standards.
● Repairs and maintains all plumbing systems i.e. urinals, toilets, washbasins, grease traps, water softeners, water heaters etc.
● Proper on time and preventative maintenance of various mechanical systems such as HVAC systems and boilers.
● Accesses, monitors and controls BMS (Building Management System) as required. Computer literate.
● Coordinate with contractors and vendors supplying, repairing or installing HVAC/Plumbing equipment.
● Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical manuals and estimate cost for projects
● Assist other trades as required
● Additional maintenance duties will include but not limited to moving, installing and assembling furniture, hanging mirrors, whiteboard, tackboards, snow removal, grass cutting, changing ceiling tiles, installing dispensers, replacing or installing door sweeps & weather stripping, repair bathroom partitions & hardware, repair flooring, equipment repairs, ground maintenance, repair vandalism and unplugging toilets etc.
● Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns. Must be located within 20 minutes of one of the facilities in the primary area.
● Ability to multitask and prioritize
● Ability to work at heights, withstand indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
● Ability to perform heavy work: lifting, carrying, pulling and pushing.
● Valid driver’s license
● Rotating on-call shifts after hours and weekends.
● Potentially weekend work due to projects.
● Applicants considered for employment will be required to provide a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Disclosure of Criminal Record Information, Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check and a Drivers Abstract Check
Golden Hills School Division has its headquarters in Strathmore, Alberta and includes the communities of Strathmore, Carseland, Drumheller, Acme, Linden, Carbon, Three Hills, Trochu and Wheatland County.
Please submit resume and appropriate documentation to the undersigned on or before 2:00 p.m. on Friday October 6, 2023. Position will
remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Golden Hills School Division
435A Highway No. 1
Strathmore, AB T1P 1J4
Job type: Full-time