Posted on September 19, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
LOUIS RIEL VOCATIONAL COLLEGE
ADMISSIONS & STUDENT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
September 19, 2023
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The Louis Riel Vocational College (LRVC) is a proud affiliate of the MMF that offers a wide range of educational and training opportunities that allow our Red River Métis Citizens to enhance their skill sets and put on the right path to advance their careers.
The LRVC seeks to fill one full-time Admissions & Student Support Administrator position located at 150 Henry Avenue in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Director of the LRVC, the Admissions & Student Support Administrator is responsible for the recruitment, intake, orientation, assessment of students and the communication in all forms and acknowledgments for potential students.
• Act as a liaison and answer general inquires from the public for all potential and enrolled students;
• Recruit and administer students for upcoming programs focusing on ensuring class enrollment meets capacity requirements;
• Schedule and organize interviews with potential students for assessments to enter their course of interest;
• Conduct student eligibility assessments for potential students applying for programs of choice;
• Gather relevant student information, verifying student's eligibility;
• Provide information to students on programs and services using a variety of communication tools in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalency;
• Minimum of 2 years in an administrative role and/or customer relations;
• Experience with educational organizations is preferred;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Red River Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, October 3, 2023.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
Job type: Full-time