Posted on November 17, 2023. Primary Region: Kindersley & Rosetown, SK
• Pre-seed calibrations, seed and fertilizer setup, site development, soil testing and harvesting
• Assisting in crop scouting, crop health management, weed and disease identification
• Managing and operating small plot equipment including tractors and sprayers
• Data collection throughout the growing season including: soil sampling, plant counts, ratings (disease, lodging, maturity) and overall treatment applications
• Assisting in hosting extension events including webinars and Field Day
This job provides experience in all aspects of agriculture and allows you to work both independently and in a group setting. A valid driver’s license is required.
We are looking for summer students to work from May 1 to August 30, 2024 (dates are flexible). The work is 90% outdoors. Full-time hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Experience in agriculture is preferred but not required.
Job type: Seasonal