This position is full-time, permanent in the South-West area of South Country’s territory, with Assiniboia and Mossbank being your direct locations of service. We prefer the applicant live in or near this area.
South Country Equipment is growing to meet the needs of today’s agribusiness customer. We carry the world’s leading farm equipment brands. If the thought of providing world class product support for world class products backed by the best parts distribution system in the world excites you, this is your calling!
You will have the opportunity to leverage the John Deere suite of embedded Precision Ag technologies and apply them to your grower’s operation. John Deere Operations Center on-line, mobile, and digital tools will give you the ability to support our customers with all aspects of their operation. From planning, seeding, application, logistics and harvest, John Deere’s digital tools have become a valuable asset for growers, agronomist, input retails, and other 3rd parties.
Crop Intelligence is an innovative software application that utilizes in-field sensor data to deliver meaningful insights and support data-driven decisions on farms throughout Western Canada. This role brings the opportunity to join a group that is shaping the future of agriculture and the chance to work at the leading edge of intelligent technology.
What is in it for you:
• Support a line of world class products and services.
• An environment that fosters active learning, provides resources and the mentoring needed to pursue your professional goals.
• Excellent benefits.
• Competitive wage structure.
• Company commitment to personal growth and development in your role.
• Utilizing John Deere and outside sourced professional training to help you succeed.
Job Description: Purpose and Impact
• Agronomy Support - Provide high-level, in-depth, agronomy support leveraging Crop Intelligence and its Advanced Agronomy protocols.
• Partner Collaboration - Recognize and understand the value of insights from Crop Intelligence and the John Deere suite of digital tools, as a basis for collaboration with partners to create new, innovative solutions in agriculture.
• Network Relationships - Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, colleagues, other agronomists, as well as influential industry partners to support the continued adoption of leading-edge technological tools.
• Equipment Assets - Support the sale, maintenance, and future development of in-field weather station equipment.
• Market Integration - Support the promotion, adoption, and continued utilization of the John Deere Equipment and Precision Ag Technologies.
Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum of a BSc degree or equivalent in Agriculture or related discipline, plus a minimum 3-5 years of work experience in agronomy, sales, or related discipline.
• Proven working knowledge of plants, crops, soils, and related areas.
• CCA, PAg designation preferred.
• Possess a high level of understanding of regional agronomic challenges and technical knowledge.
• Strong conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to learn new skills and adopt new technologies.
• Travel will be required.
• Dental Care
• Life Insurance
• Vision Care
• On-Site Parking
• Company Vehicle
• Paid Time Off
• Store Discount
• And more!
• Align with South Country regular working hours Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Extended seasonal hours
Job type: Full-time