Posted on November 20, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Full-time (21 Month Term), Corporate/Remote
Starting salary - $58,167
Why should you join our team?
At Access Credit Union, we support a professional and innovative work environment with a corporate culture that uniquely embraces empowerment, accountability, and trust. We recognize and value each employee's contributions to our success, which is why we offer competitive compensation, 100% company paid health benefits, employer-matched pension plan, continuing education, and career advancement opportunities within our credit union.
At Access Credit Union, our values are straightforward:
• Do good
• Be better
• Own it
• Move forward
What will you be doing?
The Governance Administrator is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the Board of Directors’ (Board) operations. The Governance Administrator, with guidance and support from the Governance Specialist, records and maintains legally compliant minutes of the organization and acts as a liaison between the Board and Senior Management. This individual acts as a resource for all Board policies and procedures, providing advice and guidance as required. This person is also accountable for recording and distributing meeting minutes, creating and submitting various documents, reports, presentations for approval, maintaining corporate records, and fulfilling any other duties required by the Board.
• Accountable for providing complex and confidential executive assistance and administrative services to the Board, the President & CEO and Executive Management, and to Senior Management team, as required.
• Guide, maintain, and continuously improve communication tools and processes to ensure effective flow of communication between and among Executive and/or Senior Management, the Board, and Board Committees.
• Record and maintain the official records and minutes of the Credit Union, ensuring legal compliance and availability upon request to authorized individuals.
• Ensure Board members have access to the proper resources to carry out their fiduciary responsibilities.
• Assist the Board in conducting research, and act as project manager for assigned discrete projects.
• Provide advice on corporate governance issues as required.
• Organize and facilitate Board and Committee meetings, as well as the annual membership meeting and any special membership meetings; ensuring proper notification is given of meetings.
• Ensure newly elected directors are properly orientated on legislation and policies and any other topics as instructed by the Governance and Conduct Committee.
• Coordinate Director education.
What do you need?
• Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Law, or an appropriate combination of education and experience required
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Formal minute taking experience
• The ability to comprehend legal documents, including Acts, Regulations, By-laws, and policies
• Experience with the election process would be considered an asset
• Must be available for meetings outside of regular business hours
• Have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
• Basic knowledge of risk management within the financial industry
• Proficient computer skills
Are you ready to?
• Be an ambassador for our brand, values and products
• Ensure things get done efficiently
• Go home each day feeling accomplished
• Challenge the status quo
• Build a career
• Continue learning
If you are interested in this position, apply today at accesscu.ca/careers. Application deadline is December 1, 2023.
We welcome diversity, value inclusion, and take pride in our vibrant corporate culture. Our team is a reflection of the members we serve and the communities we live in.
Access Credit Union welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
Job type: Term