MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
November 20, 2023
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill two full-time Policy Analyst positions within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 200 Main Street in Winnipeg, MB. The Policy Analyst is responsible for the operation of the Engagement and Consultation process, in accordance with the MMF’s Resolution No. 8, for all matters that may impact the rights, interests and claims of the Red River Métis.
• Research, inform and report on all political/policy related matters regarding any project, plan, agreement, or historical document;
• Draft briefings, proposals, reports, and letters;
• Facilitate all engagement/consultation related matters with Governments, Proponents, and others;
• Liaise with MMF Departments, Affiliates, and Regions interacting with subject matter experts, leadership, and Citizens;
• Build relationships with Proponents and Governments while advocating for the rights, interests, and claims of the Red River Métis;
• Attend meetings and maintain internal engagement and consultation record; and,
• Plan, attend, and present information at community meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in business administration, indigenous studies, social or environmental sciences, natural resources management or related discipline;
• Experience in policy and program development;
• Experience working with leadership;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365;
• Experience with budgets, financials, and reporting;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of the MMF’s Resolution No. 8 process is preferred;
• Knowledge of Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, December 4, 2023.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Permanent