Posted on November 20, 2023. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Are you interested in a meaningful career? Yes! Come join our Community! We are currently looking for Direct Support Professionals (Full-Time) to join our team in our Residential Services.
No experience is required and the training we provide is PAID!
About the Position:
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are essential in providing the necessary supports and services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities where they live and work. DSPs work with individuals with different needs, including those who may demonstrate challenging behaviours.
As a DSP, you are responsible to:
- Create a safe, healthy and engaging environment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their homes, their workplaces and/or in the community.
- Advocate for the inclusion, interdependence and wellness of the people we support.
- Support individuals to become independent, make decisions, and live a meaningful and dignified life.
- Teach and assist with the activities of daily living, such as cooking healthy meals and light housekeeping.
- Provide and assist with personal care such as medication administration and hygiene.
- Provide transportation within the community and to appointments as necessary.
- Apply physical supports safely in instances of an individual demonstrating self-harming behaviours.
- No work experience required; however, experience, education, or training in the disability/human services field is considered an asset (where there is no work experience, you must be willing to undergo thorough and extensive paid training and be successful in doing so).
- Over the age of 18 (legal requirement), with a minimum of Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to working with a team and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional and ethical in all situations.
- Valid Class 5F/5I driver's license with acceptable driver's abstract. Access to a reliable vehicle is preferred, and willing to transport people supported as required.
- Able to provide a satisfactory criminal record check with a clear vulnerable sector search, and clear adult and child abuse registry checks (document will be considered current if obtained less than three (3) months prior to start of employment).
Schedule: 24-Hour shift-staffed homes.
- Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring, and transporting persons supported and equipment, and/or pushing wheelchairs, including up and down ramps.
- Lift up to 50lbs alone.
- Ability to swim (for some positions).
- $200 signing bonus after six months of continuous employment (full-time and part-time positions).
- Hourly paid: $15.30 - $16.75 per hour (up to a $2/hr increase coming in Autumn 2023).
- Paid time off including vacation, wellness days and sickness benefits (eligible positions).
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits plan available after three (3) months of full-time, continuous employment.
- GRRSP retirement plan contributions available after one (1) year of full-time employment.
- Loyalty Incentives.
Reasonable disability accommodations are available upon request throughout the assessment and selection process.
Job type: Full-time