Posted on November 20, 2023. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
École St. Eustache
The Prairie Rose School Division acknowledges that it is in Treaty 1 territory and that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.
The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facilities Supervisor to ensure that École St. Eustache is a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and the public.
• 8.0 hours/day - day shift, start time to be determined
• $18.32/hour as per Collective Agreement
• Start December 4, 2023
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work including; washrooms, floor care, carpet care, working knowledge of SAFEwork procedures, and safe use of equipment, is essential.
• Experience in maintaining and minor repairs to building systems and school grounds.
• Knowledge of building safety and security in a school environment.
• Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
• Must be self-directed and able to train new custodians and all aspects of custodial duties as required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff and the public.
• Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs., bending, climbing ladders, etc.
• Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.).
• WHMIS/GHS training is an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Lindsay Noël at 204-353-2869
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include an up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 28, 2023
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.
Job type: Full-time