Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for over 65 years. We are proud to tell local stories on our radio stations and digital news outlets across Western Canada. And together with Homefield, we are proud to help local businesses grow through effective advertising, marketing, and organizational development solutions. We are committed to finding and developing people who share our passion for local communities.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team. This person will provide dedicated support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) playing a key role in Golden West’s success.
This is a term position, available for up to sixteen months. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply for internal openings at the end of their term.
In this role, you will
• Work the calendar. You will schedule the COO’s meetings and ensure their calendar aligns with their key priorities. You’ll look ahead at how they are using their time and make recommendations for improved time management.
• Communicate – a lot. You will manage inboxes, screen and reply to incoming requests, draft and circulate emails, and more.
• Arrange meetings and business events. You will schedule events, book venues, plan travel, choose catering options, develop and circulate agendas, and more. In meetings you’ll take notes and follow up to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
• Manage projects. You will take ownership of projects for your team. You will monitor task status, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, and proactively identify opportunities for efficiency or innovation.
• Look for ways to continually improve the work of those you support. You will consistently look for ways to increase efficiency.
• Complete administrative tasks, such as tracking and submitting expenses and credit card invoices, managing files, and more.
• Other duties as required: The majority of your time will be spent on the activities listed above. However, Golden West is a team and individuals help wherever needed to advance shared goals.
We’d love to meet you if:
• You are tech savvy and highly proficient at Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook. You are comfortable with both Windows and Mac systems
• You work with a high level of autonomy and can anticipate the needs of others
• You are growth-oriented, proactive, and always look for opportunities to learn
• You are a team player and take pride in helping others succeed
• You can manage multiple priorities at once
• You can influence others in the organization to positive outcomes
What We Offer in Return
• We act with integrity, innovation, and agility – and we strive to create an environment where you can do the same.
• A strong focus on giving back to our communities.
• Regular coaching and development opportunities.
• A caring environment where the health, safety, and well-being of our current and future team members is a priority.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. Golden West is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities.
If you’re interested in building a career with us, reach out via email@example.com.
Job type: Term