Posted on November 21, 2023. Primary Region: Morden & Winkler, MB
The CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Plasma Table Operator uses the CNC machine, mounted above a plasma table, to guide the cutting of material used in trailer production. Using schematics, corresponding work orders, with programming provided by the CNC Programmer, this role will adjust machine settings, ensure equipment is in good condition, and maintain raw material stock as required to ensure prompt completion of projects.
Education and Experience:
• 1+ years of manufacturing experience preferred
• Previous CNC operation experience in an industrial setting an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
• Demonstrated initiative
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Highly-developed attention to detail
• Ability to read and understand schematics/blueprints
• Ability to read gauges, tape measure, and other measurement tools
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Basic computer skills
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Load and unload sheet steel with hoist as required.
• Ensure prompt clean-up of plasma cut materials.
• Review parts for accuracy after cutting.
• Keep track of inventory, communicating with Supervisor daily.
• Organize parts for the next project.
• Complete daily maintenance and cleaning of plasma table.
• Ensure timely completion of projects to maintain production requirements and workflow.
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the plasma table area.
• Ensure all safety protocols and Safe Work Procedures (SWPs) are followed during all processes, including proper use of required PPE.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
We thank all that apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time