Posted on February 7, 2024. Primary Region: Westman Region, MB
Agriculture Equipment/Heavy Duty Journeyman
or Level 2, 3, 4 Apprentice
Our Shoal Lake location is adding to their team of Technicians. Come and join our service professionals in Manitoba's best growth industry - Agriculture! Enns Brothers has been a proud John Deere dealership for more than 60 years. We provide the equipment, expertise and technology to Manitoba producers to help them sustainably get food to the tables of the world.
We are looking for a new team member with a Red Seal in either the Agricultural or Heavy Duty trades or working toward achieving this goal. Be a part of this thriving industry and grow personally and professionally in our fast-paced environment. We are committed to your growth and development and provide ongoing training opportunities, along with John Deere University courses. Apprentices would be eligible for Enns Brothers Partners in Excellence program which provides significant financial support during training and mentorship at the dealership.
Your Responsibilities are:
- Performs basic/complex agricultural equipment diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments in a timely manner
- Maintain current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Mentor Service Technician Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to use computer to support diagnostics
- Excellent problem solving ability
High school completion or equivalent GED
Journeyperson certification – completion of 4 year Ag Equipment Technician or Heavy Duty Mechanic apprenticeship
Or level 2, 3 or 4 Apprenticeship
Completion of John Deere certification or willingness to undertake
Driver’s license and clear abstract
We have 9 locations in the province with 350 employees. Our employees have worked hard to build a reputation for reliability, integrity and community support. The organization is very community-minded and has held numerous employee events to raise money for local and national charities.
This position comes with a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits and group RRSP program. Come and work with friendly, talented people who share the goal of providing the best service and products to awesome customers, every day!
Job type: Full-time