Posted on February 12, 2024. Primary Region: Steinbach, MB
Experienced excavator operator:
We are looking for an experienced GPS-equipped excavator operator for road work, civil services/ main line installation and related earth work. Applicants must have extensive operating experience. (Minimum of 5000 hrs of seat time, experienced and proficient with trimming and finishing abilities)
We have a full slate of work for 2024 and beyond. Come join our growing team at Friesen Hauling & Excavating and discover a work environment that you will love! Your contributions will be valued, and you will have an opportunity to grow and excel in your career, and by so doing, you will be an important part of our team, taking our company to the next level!
The Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment, mainly excavator and dozer, but also front-end loaders, graders, compaction equipment, trucks and other pieces of equipment while maintaining a safe workplace, maximizing production, and protecting the longevity of the equipment.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Operate heavy equipment safely, effectively and efficiently to meet site requirements.
• Perform regular inspections and basic maintenance of equipment.
• Participate in the company safety program.
• Complete and submit daily all necessary paperwork. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
• For a more complete list of responsibilities click see link below to our website.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Knowledge and experience (minimum of 2 years) in operation of excavators and or dozer.
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed Be willing to work overtime hours. (Typically 11-12 hrs per day, Mon-Fri)
• Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes or inquiries by email to email@example.com and specify equipment operator position. We are also receiving applications for the estimator/ project coordinator position.
For more information don't hesitate to give us a call, send an email, or better yet, swing by our office and ask to speak with Chris or Gil.
Job type: Full-time