MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
February 12, 2024
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Sous Chef position within our Lake Manitoba Resort located in St. Laurent, MB. The Sous Chef is the lead person under the Chef responsible for the clubhouse menu and preparing meals. The Sous Chef will ensure that regulations and sanitary guidelines are followed and will be responsible for the guidance of the kitchen staff and serving staff.
• Work with the Chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision;
• Report to the General Manager as needed or requested;
• Assist in creating with new dishes which appeal to the guests and members;
• Follow the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything runs smoothly;
• Assist the Chef in producing high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements;
• Help train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources;
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
• Rotate food and stamp the time and date on the food in the coolers.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2 years’ experience in the culinary industry in multiple role;
• Knowledge of FoodSafe, workplace hazardous materials, and first aid is required;
• Have or be willing to obtain a Smart Choices Certificate;
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures as well as industry best practices;
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently;
• Strong communication, team work and customer service skills;
• Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, February 26, 2024.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time