Scotswood Links is an 18-hole golf course located in Elm Creek, MB. We have restaurant, lounge, and banquet facilities. We host a wide range of functions including weddings, golf tournaments, business meetings/conferences, graduations, and class-reunions.
A Sous Chef at Scotswood Links is expected to work directly with the Executive Chef for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to cooking, food purchasing and receiving, maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
Your duties/responsibilities as Sous-Chef here at Scotswood Links are as follows (not limited to):
• Planning Menu Specials with Executive Chef
• Making sure food is of the right quality and price and is produced on time
• Managing stocks of food
• Managing health and hygiene procedures
• Ensure organizing of staff duty rotations
• Mentoring – helping train and develop kitchen staff
• Organize and oversee the work of the kitchen staff, decide which tasks need to be done and share them among the team
• Preparation and cooking of food
• Strong leadership skills.
• Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills.
• Work well in fast-paced setting.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
• Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load or gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.
The position comes with free golf privileges at our golf course and tip outs based on food sales as well as generous tip outs on banquets. To apply please email email@example.com.
Job type: Full-time