MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
February 12, 2024
Posting #23-08-001 (REPOSTED)
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis - also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Administrative Coordinator position within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 200 Main Street in Winnipeg, MB. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Engagement and Consultation and the department.
• Provide support to the Director with day-to-day departmental activities;
• Maintain the department’s daily calendar, scheduling and coordinating on and off-site meetings;
• Process and maintain a record of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
• Manage and respond to correspondence and inquiries on behalf of the department/Director when necessary;
• Manage financial tracking system and assist with the preparation of financial reports;
• Complete purchase orders, cheque requisitions, travel itineraries and accommodations;
• Develop and maintain electronic filing system, databases, and tracking for statistical purposes;
• Receive visitors, screen calls, take messages and determine urgency;
• Prepare agenda and information kits for meetings and provide accurate minutes;
• Assist with the coordination of consultation activities;
• Photocopy and organize documents for distribution, mailing and filing; and,
• Maintain an inventory of and order office supplies as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Administrative Assistant, or related field;
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative support position, or similar role;
• Excellent communication skills including experience drafting correspondence and preparing reports;
• Experience in a computerized office environment with a proven ability with Microsoft Office;
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain filing systems and maintain confidential records and files;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information;
• Ability to work with little to no supervision;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Red River Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, pension, vacation, and an in-house restaurant at our Home Office location.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, February 26, 2024.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Red River Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca
Job type: Full-time