Cross Country is a leading Canadian Manufacturer in the aggregate and transportation industry and is currently seeking full time welders to join our team.
This position requires the ability to MIG weld steel and/or aluminum parts and sub-assemblies together. Welders use a combination of following blueprints, precise measuring, fitting, tacking and welding various parts in different positions to create an end product that is engineered to withstand the element of a heavy industrial environment.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package with life insurance.
Skill Sets and Requirements:
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Be self-motivated and willing to learn
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• MIG steel and aluminum welding experience is an asset, but willing to train
• Good knowledge of blueprints/able to read blueprints
• Precision with measuring tapes and knowledge of fractions
• Able to work as part of a team or individually
• General knowledge of set up and operation of power tools common to the welding trade
• Fitting experience an asset(parts fitting and tacking)
• Able to use hand plasma and oxy/acetylene torch
For the right person, working at Cross Country brings many rewards and benefits. We pride ourselves on being set apart from other employers but you don’t have to take our word for it; we are told by our employees that working here is special. Talk to them about their experience and decide for yourself if we’re the right place for you. Enjoy the challenge of constantly learning about the industry and being a part of a larger picture.
Cross Country is a place that provides strong support for their employees and cares about their thoughts and ideas.
Job type: Full-time