You will assist the General Foreman with the planning, scheduling and assignment of manpower to specific jobs within the Shop/Yard and Line Point environments ensuring that all repairs and/or servicing are performed in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Company, Association of American Railroad and Transport Canada regulations.
• Conduct job briefings, end of shift briefings, safety meetings and activities, ensuring that safety rules, procedures and policies are adhered to through proficiency testing and safety tracking document;
• Correct and document safety incidents, safety hazards/concerns, investigates for corrective actions to the various departments, involving the Mechanical Manager and Health and Safety Committee in the prescribed timelines;
• Support, communicate and deliver to key performance indicators. Leads to ensure all direct reports have an understanding of the business objectives, as well as the role they are all accountable for;
• Communicate and interact regularly with management within field operations to ensure locomotive repair and train servicing is meeting the expectations of internal and external customers;
• Ensure that there is the appropriate level of stock/material and is responsible for ordering within prescribed limits through the SAP system. Supports all expenditure reduction initiatives;
• Maintain communication and fosters positive working relationships with local union officials. Ensures the collective agreement is understood and managed as it is written;
• Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve productivity and effectiveness of the operation. Support Lean Philosophy and Principals;
• Ensure locomotive bad order repair, cycle time, dwell time, productivity and key metrics are met including inventory management for all locomotives on the territory. Coordinate with Field Operations to ensure Local Service Operating Plan (LSOP) targets are met.;
• Direct road repair on the territory to meet 24 hour repair cycle time;
• Ensure repairs and train servicing are in compliance with AAR, Transport Canada standards and CP polices;
• Support mechanical forces at train incidents within their jurisdiction adhering to the guidelines of the Emergency Response Plan;
• Communicate and interact regularly with local/external counterparts;
• Work directly with employees in the shop & yard environments to establish self-managed work teams and provides guidance and support to employees to bring about the vision of an empowered and engaged workforce.
• Must possess a minimum of a High school diploma or mechanical trade certification;
• Proficient knowledge of railway operations (road, yard, locomotive, mechanical);
• Working knowledge of CP systems (CIM, TYES, YOP, Nexus, ITM, SAP and Wreck Estimator);
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel;
• Knowledge of collective agreement/non- union policies;
• Strong mechanical aptitude;
• Must be able to work with vast array of employees and be adaptable.
• Must be able to work under pressure and adapt to change;
• Able to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
• Criminal history check
• Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
Please note that only those applicants that apply online at www.cpr.ca/en/careers/ to requisition 62244 by November 21st, 2017, will be considered for this position.
Benefits: Flexible and competitive benefits package; Competitive company pension plan; Employee Share Purchase Plan; Performance Incentive Program; Annual Fitness Subsidy.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
Job type: Full-time