LODE-KING INDUSTRIES, located in Winkler, MB, is a recognized leader for innovative designs and top quality commercial highway trailers. We are now accepting applications for a Quality Manager. This position will be responsible to ensure the continuous improvement and the high quality standards of our products through the maintenance and compliance of our quality system requirements and I.S.O. certification, while promoting T.Q.M. thinking throughout the company.
• Implement and maintain ISO 9001:2015 requirements through policies, procedures, processes and documentation
• Manage the preparation and schedule of both the internal and external audits as it relates to ISO and Quality audits
• Conduct QA audits and Quality System procedure reviews
• Focus on establishing a risk-based and consistent Quality Assurance System
• Identify process gaps, and lead actions to close the gaps which may be initiated from non-conformance reports or corrective/preventative actions
• Assist in the establishment and implementation of best practice processes throughout the organization
• Measuring and testing equipment verification and documentation
• Make final recommendation regarding all product conformances to specification; review standard product designs for modifications or improvements
• Report to top management about performance indicators
• Compiling revising and issue of all Quality Assurance Manuals including maintenance of a "Controlled Copy" log
• Supervise the implementation and training requirements for compliance to the Quality Manuals. This includes the development and review of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Traceability of all documentation and direct contact with the customer's inspectors in relation to quality requirements on individual orders.
• CIS (Continuous Improvement System) Program coordinator
• Meet with departments to discuss quality concerns when required (Stand up meetings)
• Quality support to the Sales and Warranty Department
• Facilitate monthly management meetings
• Oversee Production Clerk’s duties and responsibilities and assist with all issues and concerns
• Manufacturing experience required
• B. SC. Engineering – Mechanical degree/technologist or related combination of education and/or experience a definite asset
• Quality Certification (ISO) recommended
• Ability to understand, read and interpret blueprints required
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated risk-based decision making skills
• Must be able to develop solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness
• Strong verbal, technical writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills to assess information and draw sound conclusions from available information. Must have strong analytical skills in order to develop and recognize appropriate action plans and how they will impact operations and compliance
• Excellent project management, communication, technical writing and presentation skills.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
• Strong collaboration and presentation skills with ability to concisely articulate and deliver recommended courses of action to Executive Management. Must have demonstrated ability to defend the recommended courses of action and influence and drive change all at levels of the organization.
• Energetic, self-motivated, proactive and possess high endurance to stay focused on the task at hand and thrives on the challenge
• Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment, flexible, proactive and decisive
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time