Town of High River
The Town of High River
Invites Applications for a
Permanent, Full-time Facility Operator
$23.10 – 24.98 per hour
Reporting to the Facility Operations Supervisor, the Facility Operator is responsible for performing building and custodial maintenance and operating equipment at the Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex. Facility Operators will be required to perform a wide variety of duties and tasks associated with the facility.
As part of the Parks and Recreation division, Facility Operators contribute to a safe and healthy community. Parks & Recreation does this through its vision to put people first and improve the quality of life in our community by fostering activity, healthy living, and wellness. The Facility Operations team has a key role in this effort. Close collaboration and team work with Parks and Recreation colleagues will be key to success.
This position requires you to work extremely flexible hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays), shift work, and split shifts to meet operational requirements. Full-time hours are 40 hours hours per week, as scheduled by the Facility Operations Supervisor. Preference will be given to those whose availabilities closer match the operational requirements of the facility.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year experience in Recreation Facility Operations
• Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed AARFP Arena Operator Level 1 (candidates without this qualification will be required to obtain it at the first opportunity offered by AARFP after start date); ability to complete Arena Operator Level 2
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
• Standard First Aid with CPR Level C
• Familiarity with WHMIS legislation
• Must be able to understand and comprehend verbal & written instructions
To explore this career opportunity, or to find additional information, please visit our website at www.highriver.ca, click on Careers and apply through our online application process. This competition will remain open until filled however, the first review of resumes will be on January 18, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. Questions or inquiries can be emailed to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time