The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as a Library Assistant.
The Library Assistant IV provides a full range of customer service with a focus on adult programming and the planning and delivery of large events, along with membership services, information and readers’ services, general programming and engagement activities in the library and the community and various other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
• Undergraduate degree with related programming and customer service experience and/or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience
• Demonstrated experience and skills related to the planning and execution of large programs and/or events is a strong asset
• Proven ability and willingness to network, build relationships within the community, and seek opportunities for external grants and sponsorships is essential, along with an overall knowledge of the Cochrane and Rocky View County communities
• Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and demands simultaneously
• One to two years of customer service experience, previous library experience is preferred
• Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
• Fluency in languages other than English an asset
• Advanced technological literacy skills
• Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
• Valid Alberta driver’s licence (may be required); ability to satisfy insurance requirements
• This is a full-time position with 40 set hours per week including evening and weekend shifts.
• $18.27 to $19.37 per hour
• If you feel you are the perfect fit for this opportunity and are interested in joining our team, please apply via email to HR Administrator [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Subject line of email should include the competition number quoted above.
• Closing Date: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 5:00pm
• Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
Job type: Full-time