Key responsibilities of a Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Assistant include:
• Patient greeting and confirmation of accuracy of all pertinent prescription information prior to filling,
• Data entry of patient care information into HealthWatch,
• Third Party adjudication (if necessary),
• Accurate dispensing prescription medications,
• Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems,
• General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to Pharmacist where required and necessary,
• Handling customer prescription pick up,
• Assisting with cashier responsibilities as required in the Pharmacy
• Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant;
• excellent organizational skills and detail orientation;
• strong communication skills;
• demonstrated customer service experience;
• strong motivation to succeed;
• proficient computer/data/entry skills.
Flex schedule - some weekends and evenings
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
We are a progressive pharmacy serving the Steinbach and surrounding area. Our store is OPEN Monday to Saturday, 8am-12 Midnight and CLOSED Sundays. We are OPEN most holidays with the exception of Good Friday and Christmas Day. We provide service to 3 LTC facilities as well as numerous Group Homes. We also have staff that share responsibilities in the Hospital Pharmacy we provide service to at the Bethesda Regional Health Centre. Our pharmacy is active in providing expanded Pharmacist services such as Injection Services, Smoking Cessation Prescribing, Minor Ailment Prescribing, Medication Reviews, and CDE Diabetes teaching and support.
Having an accreditated certification as a Pharmacy Assistant/Technician is considered a strong asset. This position may also have opportunities at both our Hospital and Retail locations. Hours will include some days, evenings and weekends.
Come and join our HEALTHWATCH TEAM in a growing and Customer Focused environment.
Job type: Full-time