Company: 416979 Alberta Ltd. o/a 1979 Taphouse & Grill
Business information: We are a casual dining and lounge, family friendly, restaurant that caters all sizes of events and brings in entertainment. We offer multi-cuisine menus that include, among other things, brunch, burgers, Greek & Mediterranean dishes, tapas bar and salads.
Business address: 1418 – 14 Avenue, Wainwright, AB, T9W 1J8
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Order supplies and equipment
• Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Organize and manage buffets and banquets
• Manage kitchen operations
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 3 years of experience a then a post-secondary certificate is required
- Be well-versed in multi-cuisine recipes is an asset
- Fast-paced environment
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 hourly, Review after 3 months for increase in wage. 30-40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms and discounts on meals are provided.
- Position requires flexibility in scheduling including weekend hours as needed. The employee will work split shifts and the working days will be 5 days a week on a rotational basis. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: Box 3521, Wainwright, AB, T9W 1T5
Job type: Full-time