This position would be Thursdays and Fridays for Bus Driver and every other Saturday for Duty Manager.
The Duty Manager will direct operations in the Executive Director’s and Assistant Executive Director’s absence in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
• Strong leadership skills and strong training and delegation skills.
• A genuine caring for people
• Must be pleasant, friendly and courteous at all times.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Loyalty and commitment to excellence.
• Ability to cooperate with others.
• Ability to self - regulate and work independently.
• Maturity and good physical and mental health.
• Ability to respond to emergent situation; think and act quickly under pressure
(include but not limited to):
• Supervise staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of residents are being met.
• Answer and respond to emergency response system.
• Ensure dining room operations are running smoothly during the course of your shift. Assist with dining service (coffee, tea, cleaning, table set up etc. as needed).
• Laundry and cleaning as required throughout your shift.
• Maintain a good relationship with residents, and their families promoting Revera “Service Culture” always.
• Assist in adhering to the staffing schedules. If the department manager is not present, call staff as per call sheet to pick up missing shifts.
• Review communication book and add pertinent information from your shift.
• Communicate resident’s needs with applicable staff at change of shift or as needed.
• Lead by example and encourage teamwork, promoting Revera “Service Culture” and provide assistance to all staff
• Check for meal reservations and resident out of the building as well as take resident attendance at meals.
• Report any staff injuries to the Executive Director.
• Keep office, lobby and all communal areas neat and tidy.
• Daily activities in the absence of the Activity Coordinator.
• Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Must be able to deal with exposure to dust during performance of duties and work safely with cleaning compounds.
• Lifting alone, maximum of 40 lbs (5-25 lbs usual) as an essential job function.
• Pushing/pulling, using wheeled equipment such as carts, trolleys, as an essential job function.
• Stretching/reaching on a regular frequency throughout shift.
• Walking, with the possibility some upstairs walking, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential job function.
• Standing for lengths of time, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential job function.
• Bending/stooping on a regular frequency throughout the shift, as an essential job function.
• To drive clients to appointments.
• Must hold a class 5 driver's license.
Job type: Part-time