One position available (one one-year term), based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), Canada’s leader in wetland conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated Engineering Technologist to join our team in Alberta.
This is a shared position that will support the Alberta Technical Services team and DUC’s fee for service branch, Native Plant Solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for drafting, inspecting, surveying, and supervising construction of wetlands and water control structures – activities that appeal to you because you love working outdoors.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work with anyone, is capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoys thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who is able to build positive working relationships.
You possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. You are self-motivated with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills. An interest in contract management, tendering and construction supervision is desirable.
Your experience and academic achievements in the engineering field and interest in conservation make you the ideal candidate for this position. Practical experience with CAD, GIS, construction supervision, agriculture and/or biology, would all be considered assets to this very diverse and challenging opportunity.
• A civil engineering technology diploma
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Experience with MS Office, ArcMap and GPS surveying is a definite asset
• Knowledge of engineering design, hydrology and construction involving heavy equipment
• Awareness of AB Occupational Health and Safety practices
• Knowledge of the AB Water Act, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process would be considered an asset
• Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
• A valid class 5 driver’s license
• Ability to work flexible hours, and travel out-of-town for extended periods as required.
• Annual salary will fall between $50,000 to $55,000.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 23, 2018
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates
considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time