Status: Temporary Part Time May & June; Temporary Full Time July & August. Hours: July & August - Monday to Friday (8 hour shifts)
Rate of Pay: $15 - $19 per hour
The Summer Day Camp Team Supervisor provides leadership and support for the summer day camp operations at Wakamow Valley. This position will oversee the planning and field and staff support for the delivery of Summer Day Camp during July and August. The relevant programming includes canoeing, archery, swimming, fishing,
hiking, mass games, camp fires and drama games. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes strong skills in communicating with parents and experience in delivering similar programming. This position is appropriate for an experienced camp staff seeking to move into a supervisory role.
The Day Camp operations provide high quality outdoor activities for approximately 75-95 children per week.
Supervising a team of staff, the Day Camp Team Supervisor will ensure program standards are achieved. The
successful candidate will be part of a complete team of counsellors and mentors. The successful applicant will be a self-starter who is motivated, organized, and capable of creating a positive sense of belonging for all participants, volunteers, and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the delivery of Day Camp programming, ensuring program quality meets or exceeds YMCA Camping standards.
• Participate in the training of new employees/volunteers.
• Provide continual coaching and performance management support.
• Provide day-to-day leadership for the staff team.
• Provide direct program delivery as required.
• Support the maintenance of a safe, clean and well organized camp environment and participate in support tasks and activities in camp life.
• Build and maintain relationships with campers and parents.
• Ensure effective health, safety, and risk management procedures are followed.
• Contribute as a member of the staff team in the overall operation of Camp, including performing other duties as assigned.
• Follows the YMCA dress code and wears the required uniform while on duty
• Adherence to YMCA Child Protection policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Registered in a College or University program, preferably recreation, early childhood development, social work, education or any other applicable field of study
• 1-2 years of Experience working with children and youth
• Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset
• Outgoing and able to thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
• Experience with program development
• Current First Aid and CPR Level C
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference
Check/Vulnerable Sector Search
• Valid Driver’s License
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 10th, 2018.
Job type: Seasonal