(Having Inclusive Rewarding Employment)
Term Position: May 18th – Sept 7, 2018
Foothills SNAPS is looking for a Job Developer who:
• Enjoys making connections between prospective employees and employers
• Know the Foothills rural labor market and understand the hiring needs of businesses in today’s economic reality
• Understand the value all individuals can add to the workplace by promoting inclusion and diversity.
The Job Developer’s primary role is to assist participants in finding employment opportunities – matching them with appropriate employment leads based on their skills and interests. The goal is to ensure successful placements, job retention and long term business relationships.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Creation of new business partnerships through networking
• Source and identify job leads and employment placement opportunities
• Maintain participant files and databases
• Job coach and employment maintenance supports
• Source and identify Job Shadows and Employment placement opportunities
• Attend career fairs/expos and information fairs on behalf of HIRE
• Collaborate as a member of a larger team, working towards the best interest of the participants
• Co-facilitate HIRE Employment Readiness and job search classes
• Meet contract deadlines & target numbers – all with a customer service focus
Qualifications for the Position
• Skilled with in person cold calling, developing relationships and effective marketing
• Experience related to skill development and employment of persons with barriers
• Superior customer service skills, including: excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience in conflict resolution/mediation and problem solving strategies
• Knowledge of the Foothills community and business sectors
• Knowledge of work place accommodations associated with people with disabilities
• Although preference will be given to those with a Post-secondary diploma or degree in career development, social work, human resources, marketing; work related experience will be considered.
• Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (all programs)
• Must be professional in appearance
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own vehicle
• Provide recent Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and References
Type of Employment: Full time (32 hrs/week)
• Rate of Pay $21.86 per hour
• Closing Date: May 08, 2018 @ 9:00 AM
• Interested candidates are asked to please submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We will only contact candidates whose qualifications are a fit for an initial interview. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Foothills SNAPS values collaboration, trust, accountability and inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job and appreciate a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.
“Proudly serving families and communities for 20 years in the pursuit of the ordinary.”
Job type: Full-time