Creative Self Employment Program Coordinator
Community Futures Highwood is hiring a summer student to work as the Creative Self Employment Co-ordinator from May 28, 2018 to August 24, 2018, for 30 hours per week. Hours will be between 8:30am and 3:30pm Monday – Friday.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the administration of our new Creative Self-Employment Program.
This program will assist youth, aged 16-19, of all cultures, life styles or denominations, to create and run their own summer businesses, providing entrepreneurial experience, jobs and income to the youth in our region and contributing to the economic diversity in our region. The program will include mentors from the local business communities, who will provide coaching, general assistance and if possible "pop-up" spaces to the youth entrepreneurs.
Responsibilities will include the creation of administrative systems, securing program mentors, promotion of the program, management of registrations, coordination of training activities and coordination of ongoing coaching support for the entrepreneurs and their mentors.
The Applicant Must:
• Reside in the Community Futures Highwood region
• Be a post-secondary student returning to school full time in the fall of 2018 in applicable academic fields of study such as Business Management or Business Administration
• Be familiar with business finances
• Have experience in marketing
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
• Have the ability to work with the program participants and mentors
• Be familiar with general business management concepts
• Have a valid driver’s licence and own transportation
• Be willing to obtain criminal record and vulnerable sector checks
The right candidate will:
• Be a creative , friendly professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a team player
• Be relatable to youth with an approachable demeanor
• Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Experience with graphic design would be an asset
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Application deadline is May 13, 2018.
Only Selected applicants will be contacted.
Job type: Part-time