Project Superintendent - Boretta Construction 2002 Ltd.
Boretta Construction 2002 Ltd. will provide you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement in a family orientated atmosphere, which will help reinforce our value services further contributing to our team and will drive our continued success.
Our vision is to be the best company to work for, while maintaining the highest levels of safety, and providing a quality, high value product. Boretta endeavours to provide excellent customer service, while providing professional, fair, respectful treatment to trades, consultants and clients.
Boretta is actively seeking a Project Superintendent for our Winnipeg operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall direction for our projects. Emphasis is placed on scheduling, quality control, overall project status and monitoring costs. It is essential the Project Superintendent establish and maintain excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, and our clients as well as our staff team. Working with all to provide a project that you would be proud of if it was your own.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Site Manage and provide leadership for safety, environment, and quality programs and policies which includes weekly site safety inspections forwarded to the Project Manager(s)
• Ensure Project Schedule is being followed and document all changes to it.
• Ensure the Project Manager(s) are updated regularly.
• Ensure monthly cost forecasting is completed accurately for all their projects, complete with checklists and briefings.
• Ensure accurate productivity reports are completed weekly for your projects.
• Accurate and timely respond to correspondence from anyone involved in the project.
• Work with Project Co-ordinator(s) to Price and plan all site aspects affected by changes in scope on projects underway via written documentation.
• Monitor and manage construction schedule to ensure that manpower, shop drawings, confirmation of trade deliveries and overall material ordering requirements are known in advance of work activity. Ensure lead times are provided and that these will meet the project schedule.
• Ensure that the correct material, equipment, and access on the sites are available to the tradesmen to avoid on site inefficiencies.
• Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers
• Represent company in project site and safety meetings and attend strategy meetings
• Represent and ensure that Boretta’s Safety policy’s and procedures are followed
• Strict compliance in following contract documents and ensuring changes are not made without written approvals.
• Follow the company Handbook and policy’s and procedures as laid out
• Following a chain of command but know that valued input and discussions are always welcome
• Coordinate crew and trades - ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job
• Provide leadership and organization that promotes a safe and productive work culture
• Values and Respects Others
• Communicates Effectively & regularly
• Continuous Learning
• Team, Trade, Consultant, and Client Focus
• Holds Self and Others Accountable
• Problem Solving and Innovation to resolve site concerns
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Coaches and Develops all on site
• Maximizes Project Performance, trade and Team Effectiveness
• Strategic Perspective and foresight to ensure project and schedule requirements are met.
• Strong people management background
• Ability to foresee problems and avoid them
• Knowledge of multiple trade disciplines
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision, but also able to follow directions fully.
• General construction knowledge; understands specifications, methods and procedures
• Good knowledge of general business issues - identifies competitors and understands current market conditions
• Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook software
• Must be alert and resourceful and be able to interact with a cross section of individuals
• Meticulous documenter
• Must be able to demonstrate patience and perseverance, and embrace change when it occurs
Education & Skill Requirements
• Common sense for respect, values, and responsibility
• Technical diploma or Certificate, and/or equivalent trade or practical experience and knowledge
• 5 years’ experience in the construction industry combined with Foreman, supervisory, and/or
• Contract time Management
• Blue print reading and project/structural design interpretation
• Be a team player and able to project a strong professional demeanor
• Proactive approach to problem solving (and problem avoidance)
• Directive personality – strong negotiator
• Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
• Enthusiasm and honesty
• Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
• Detail oriented / numbers focused – but with creativity to get the job done
• Strong drive to help others……. and for Successful professional results!
• Discipline in self, and overall site organisation and cleanliness
Job type: Salary