Are you passionate about your community, have a heart for non-profit and want to help the environment at the same time? Look no further, Soap for Hope – YYC in Airdrie is hiring a summer student for a special project.
The Summer Student – Community Programs Assistant will assist the Program Coordinator with community and program outreach.
Duration: 30 hrs/week, until September 1 or the semester start
Start Date: June 1, 2018
Schedule: 30 hrs./week, to be discussed
Soap for Hope – YYC, a program of Disaster Aid Canada: Soap for Hope – YYC is a growing non-profit based in Airdrie, AB that offers its employees and volunteers the opportunity to help others in our community and at the same time help our environment.
Soap for Hope - YYC is known for helping other non-profit organizations in our communities by providing Hygiene Kits and products to them. We work with hotels to collect their amenities to create these kits. We take great pride to produce a quality product and meet the hygiene needs in our community shelters. We are mainly run by volunteers and are thankful for their dedication and passion towards this simple but important contribution to the community shelters we help.
The Position: Community Programs Assistant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Report Writing: Complete a needs analysis of community shelters/transitional homes/foodbanks and community outreach partners.
• Communications: Engage in business communications with our Caring Community Partners with an emphasis on growing the program. Participating in communications strategy and event planning with the Program Coordinator.
• Social Media: Work with our Social Media Coordinator (volunteer) to keep all channels consistent in reporting program details to the public.
• Public Relations: Increase the awareness of the Soap for Hope program (donor acquisition).
Knowledge and Skills
Basic Knowledge / Demonstrated Interest:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proactive attention to detail.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Research and sales skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and customer service skills with the ability to think creatively and innovate
• Proven working experience or project experience in report writing.
• Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
• Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
• A student in a post-secondary university: priority given to Business, Marketing or Communications disciplines.
• A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
• Foreign students are not eligible.
Why Should You Apply?
• You want to make a difference in the community
• You want to work with passionate and dedicated people
• You are self-motivated and like to be creative in your work.
• You care about the environment
Job type: Seasonal