Reporting to: Board of Directors
Reporting to the Chamber Board, the Office Administrator will work in support of, and in collaboration with, the Executive Director as well as the Chamber Board, community chambers, the business community, volunteers and the public.
This position requires strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks within time constraints. This person will be a public face of the chamber, both at the office as well as at public events; so, the ability to interact with others in a pleasant and professional manner is critical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to telephone, mail and email inquiries
• Receive clients and visitors, answer inquiries and supply information as required
• Review incoming mail; respond, process or redirect as appropriate
• Maintain a log of incoming correspondence
• Draft letters and correspondence
• Maintain office supplies and program-related inventories
• Maintain databases for a variety of programs administered by the Chamber
• Maintain a system of filing relevant to the efficient planning, control and operation of the Chamber
• Maintain contact lists
• Organize or assist as required with workshops, conferences and other events.
• Administer the distribution of mass emails
• Process invoices, payments, input payroll information
• Coordinate and organize meetings
• Distribute agendas, minutes, etc. for meetings
• Attend meetings, record notes and draft minutes
• Act as Campground Manager
• Hire appropriate staff for the summer season and oversee staff scheduling
• Co-ordinate maintenance and repairs as directed by the VIC committee
• Track Visitor Information stats and prepare yearly report for the City of Humboldt
• Assist with preparation of regular communications to Chamber members, including a monthly newsletter, email notices and other updates
• Provide information and assistance to Chamber members as required
• Maintain membership database and member directory, prepare and distribute membership packages, coordinate invoicing and accept and process payment for event attendance and annual fees
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, create and distribute Annual Report.
Other duties as assigned
Interpersonal Relationships: Must be able to:
• Work well with the Chamber membership, business community and various levels of government
• Work well with all Chamber Executives
• Work well with all the Community Chambers
• Present themselves in a neat and businesslike manner
• Coordinate and communicate well with other staff members.
Knowledge and Skills: Education:
• Coursework in office administration or a related field or equivalent
• Experience performing a wide variety of administrative support services (i.e., drafting and proofreading documents, maintaining filing systems, working with databases)
• Experience providing client service in a busy office environment
• Experience using a variety of computer programs including database software and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, familiarity with Simply Accounting, QuickBooks and basic Website Content Management Software would be an asset
• Event planning/co-ordination experience
• Experience providing financial administration such as receiving payments, reconciliation and invoicing would be considered an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to operate office equipment essential
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a small-group environment
• Strong interpersonal skills.
The Office Administrator is the frontline representative and face to the public for the Humboldt & District Chamber Commerce and must represent it in a professional and courteous manner. Position duties require good computer skills and knowledge of board dynamics and general office procedures. Strong organizational skills are essential, and the ability to multi-task is required. The employee will have a good ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, Chamber members, directors and other agencies.
IMPACT / ACOUNTABILITY
The work of the position directly impacts the effectiveness of the members’ activities, boards and committee’s directives, and therefore has a direct impact on the overall mandate of the Chamber.
The incumbent is fully accountable to the Chamber Board for the overall achievement of management’s goals and objectives for the position.
Ours is a fast-paced and fluid environment. The incumbent works as part of the Chamber team and regularly deals with members of the public. The employee may occasionally have to work overtime in the evening or on weekends, and some travel will be required.
Must have valid Saskatchewan driver’s license.
Hours: Full Time
Benefits: Provided by the Chambers Group Plan
Deadline: June 8th 2018 - Email [email protected]
Job type: Full-time