The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties; to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the Feed Mill's business goals and objectives. This including: installation, repairs, adjustments and maintenance of all equipment, machinery, and the mill facility.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the feed mill's facility's equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties/responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and troubleshooting of machines.
- Read/Interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required servicing.
- Diagnose problems, replace/repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand/power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisors.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Manage and maintain "Spare parts inventory".
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Feed Mill Manager or Supervisor.
- Maintain complete/accurate records of maintenance inspections and repairs, preventative maintenance activities and meter reading.
*Possession of related valid certificate is a definite asset (4th Class Power Engineer Certificate, Millwright, Electrical and Welding)
*Knowledge of PLC and control would be an asset.
Maintenance Management Experience: 2 Years (Preferred)
We offer employee benefits & competitive wages depending on experience.
Deadline for applications: July 5th, 2018.
Job type: Full-time