Come work for a growing company!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Assembly Shop Lead Hand will perform duties in the assembly shop related to all elements of final production. Duties primarily involve over-seeing the assembly shop team, scheduling shop work, inventory supply management, as well as installing parts and components, but also includes operating basic hand tools and operating some metal fabrication equipment (ability to weld is an asset).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Over-seeing all items related to final assembly.
• Quality control.
• Inventory supply management as required.
• Final production assembly.
• Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools. ie Drills, Disc Grinders etc
• Metal Cutting saws, Cutting Torches, Drills, Material Handling Equipment, Grinders, etc.
• Supporting the quality and safety programs by ensuring safety of self and others and maintaining cleanliness of the facility at all times
• To ensure equipment and tools are in good working condition, reporting to maintenance when required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• A minimum of 4 years’ lead-hand/management experience.
• Ability to lead others.
• Applicant must be self-motivated, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
• Applicant must be meticulous and able to pay attention to small details as quality is a priority.
• Knowledge of industrial painting, hydraulics, and electrical wiring is an asset.
• Ability to interpret shop drawings with basic knowledge of structural steel shapes, sizes, and grades
• Available to work overtime if required.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills; fluently read and write English are required
• SA Certified Steel Toed Boots are required and other suitable attire for a shop environment (coveralls and all other PPE required gear provided by employer).
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time