The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties that will include but is not limited to: posting the day's receipts, filing, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, and cheque requisitions. Other responsibilities will include the performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying and assisting with general reception duties.
• PCP designation coupled with a minimum 2 years’ of direct related experience preferably within a seasonal operations business is preferred
• Must be bondable
• Knowledge and understanding of Payroll taxes, CPP, EI, Statutory Remittances and Interprovincial legislation
• Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
• Computer literate, including advanced working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Previous experience with Sage 100 accounting software is preferred
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
• Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong work ethic
Responsibilities and Duties
• Complete payroll processing (Sage 100), for 70 – 300 hourly and salaried employees and act as the first point of contact for employees with queries related to payroll
• Preparing, reviewing and reconciling payroll and benefit related reports
• Pay adjustment entries, including taxable benefits, banking and TD1’s
• Processing of Garnishments, Terminations, final pay calculations
• Reporting/issuing Electronic ROE’s, year-end T4’s and WCB as well as payroll deduction remittances
• Receive, process and post all payables related information in a computerized accounting system.
• Liaise with divisional department managers for approval and payment authorization of invoices.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Process weekly payment runs.
• Update and maintain vendor database.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting principles
• Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems
• Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
• Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
• Performs other duties as required
Job type: Part-time