Solvent Buddy Inc. has been providing businesses, both large and small, with specialized equipment and solutions in waste management and industrial services since 1996. Since humble beginnings on the south side of Edmonton the company has grown and now has multiple locations in Western Canada. Solvent Buddy provides a complete range of services into diverse industries including light industrial, forestry, mining, oil and gas, and aviation. With that being said Solvent Buddy has a strong foundation in Safety, Integrity and Dependability.
Reporting to senior management this position is based out of Rosetown SK. The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day safe, efficient, effective and accurate operations of the Solvent Buddy Rosetown, Saskatchewan facility. The successful candidate will have expertise working with Industrial Waste Manifests. This position requires the incumbent have a high degree of initiative and be comfortable working with limited supervision
The incumbent will prepare and manage the schedules and handling of shipments of waste and product both locally and across Western Canada in accordance with Federal TDG requirements. They will monitor and manage any concerns or variances in shipments to ensure all legislative requirements are met. The incumbent will regularly be in contact with and work with team members located in the Edmonton head office. This position will ensure all documentation is accurate and targets are achieved while adhering to the health and safety regulations.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills. They have strong interpersonal skills and have excellent relationship building skills. They will be a demonstrated self-starter and have the ability to motivate others. The successful incumbent will be an excellent team player, be well organized and have excellent time management skills.
• Process all required shipping and receiving paperwork, including manifests, and maintenance of adequate records for reporting and tracking
• Load and Unload product and containers that are required for deliveries
• Create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly shipment schedules
• Inspect product to ensure saleable condition and has labelling and placards on containers
• Ensure the yard is organized
• Organize loads and complete required documentation.
• Maintain customer relationships and establish new prospects focusing on organizational sales targets and new business development
• Participate in the completion and maintenance of sales contracts
• Proactively record and monitor ongoing sales activities to track and organize contracts with prospective and current customers
• Develop, implement, and maintain programs with customers to secure the highest potential long-term market share
• Supports the development of marketing and sales initiatives as well as bid packages and proposals
• Ensures adherence to all company health, safety, environmental standards, policies and procedures and maintains on-going knowledge of local, provincial and federal guidelines for full compliance
• Manage the Safety Management System, including reporting and retaining of records
• Report and investigate accidents and incidents, and complete action plans
• Participate in audits and complete audit action plan items
• Conduct monthly safety meetings and inspections, and escalate as required any safety and environmental issues
• This position requires good stamina, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Provides leadership, strategic direction and vision for future growth and development by ensuring that employees are informed, aligned and accountable
• Training of employees to make sure they are in compliance with the organization’s policies, practices and procedures
• Direct the daily activities of facility staff with respect to safety and adherence to Solvent Buddy policies, practices and procedures as well as legislative requirement
• Manage employee performance by setting expectations, providing guidance, feedback, and development for career progression and performance improvement.
• Maintain a team environment, ensure HR policies are followed and arrange training as required.
• Manage the maintenance program to schedule routine work, ensure equipment inspections are completed, improve equipment reliability, and document activities.
• Maintain adequate inventory of production supplies and critical parts.
• Select suppliers, place orders, and follow up on deliveries
• Approve invoices
• All other related duties as required
• Candidates with experience in a Hazardous Waste Facility are preferred, candidates with a University degree or College diploma in Chemistry will be considered
• Exposure to the Transportation industry with expertise in Industrial Waste Manifests
• Clean drivers abstract
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must self-directed and be able to work with little supervision
• Occasional travel and out of town work
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
• Working knowledge of safe lifting methods
Candidate Preferred Attributes
• Experience working in a Hazardous Waste Receiving Facility
• Expertise working with Industrial Waste Manifests
• Experience working in the Trucking Industry and expertise working with TDG Regulations
• Class one Driver’s License
Why Solvent Buddy
• Negotiable starting salary range from $80,000 - $100,000 In Recognition Of Qualifications and Previous Experience
• Company Truck
• Stable Full Time Position with Full Benefits After 3 Months
• Attractive Work-Life Balance For Quality Family Life
• Growth Opportunities
If your qualifications match and are ready for a rewarding challenge, please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected]
We thank all interested candidates; only those qualified will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time