LITTLE LEGACY LEARNING - PLENTY
The Board of Directors of the Little Legacy Learning Daycare is seeking a new executive director to oversee and manage our non-profit organization, set to open for business on January 1, 2019. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual of vision and commitment to assist in coordinating the setup and management of the facility, and oversee operations when business commences. The employment term will begin in early September, 2018.
The Executive Director shall have experience and proven knowledge of early learning and child care and lead the daycare through child exploration and personal inquiry. They will be responsible for the strategic and operational needs of the staff as well as fostering both the relationships of the parents and community partnerships. The Executive Director will also administer the policies of the Board by developing and implementing procedures which meet the goals and objectives of the centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain accurate recordkeeping (ex. children’s files, staff files, billings and fee collections, receipts, attendance records, banking) as required for the operation of the organization.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
• Complete monthly financial requirements such as billings, payables, receivables.
• Work with the bookkeeper to ensure the completion of accurate monthly financial statements for the review of the Board.
• Purchase services, supplies and equipment as needed according to the operating budget.
• Research and apply for additional sources of funding.
• Complete annual licensing requirements.
• Develop procedures to ensure implementation of licensing requirements and board policies.
• Maintain enrollment through advertisement and the delivery of a quality program.
• Recruit qualified staff members.
• Arrange staff scheduling to ensure ratios are maintained.
• Provide new staff members and volunteers with an orientation to the organization.
• Conduct regular performance reviews.
• Implement appropriate disciplinary action as required.
• Encourage personal and professional growth of staff members through the provision of regularly scheduled staff meetings, in-service training, professional development opportunities and a resource centre.
• Accept, provide support and evaluate ECE practicum students.
• Manage human resources in compliance with applicable regulatory bodies (ex. Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, Worker’s Compensation).
• Ensure the overall safety and wellbeing of children enrolled at the centre.
• Ensure the implementation of a developmentally appropriate program through the review of program plans, and the active participation and observation of program activities.
• Ensure the implementation of an inclusive program and environment that meets the needs of all children.
• Oversee menu planning.
• Positive role model.
• Provide families with an orientation to the centre when enrolling.
• Ensure effective communication with families through the implementation of a variety of methods (ex. newsletters, parent bulletin boards, verbal communication).
• Address parent concerns in a timely manner.
Professional and Community Involvement
• Encourage and support staff participation in professional and community organizations.
• Model professional behaviour for staff.
• Attend all board meetings as required.
• Provide policy drafts for board approval.
• Ensure that the centre meets all legal requirements.
• Inform Board of maintenance, renovation and equipment requirements.
• Conduct an annual program evaluation to be provided to the Board.
• Inform the Board of government initiatives which affect the delivery of child care.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• ECE III Certification
• First Aid and CPR “C”
• Safe food handling
• Current criminal record search, including a vulnerable sector check
Job type: Full-time