Shambhala Music Festival has an opening for Camp Cooks to work in our crew kitchen on the festival site outside Salmo, BC starting ASAP!
We are looking for 2 Sous Chefs, and a Prep Cook. The Staff Kitchen is the heart of the festival workforce. It helps energize and motivate our Crew members. Cooks are responsible for cooking meals for the entire festival workforce.
Position runs ASAP through to August 17, 2018, with the potential to continue the contract past that point. Perks of the crew include free meals during work, access to shady/quiet crew camping, and free showers among many others! This is a great opportunity to feed a festival crew while making the event come to life from behind the scenes!
- Take directions in food preparation from the Sous Chef & Kitchen Manager/Chef
- Ensure compliance with WorkSafe BC and IHA FoodSafe practices at all times.
- Assist Kitchen Manager and Sous Chef in delivering all meals on time
- Assure all recipes are being followed, and portion size follows SMF standards
- Ensure meals are of highest possible quality
- Food safe certification mandatory
- Experience working in a kitchen is required
- Experience cooking for crowds, up to 800 on a 24/7 schedule, an asset
- Previous festival experience an asset
- Strong listening skills and able to take directions
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- A committed and self-motivating individual
- Superb ability to maintain a level head in stressful situations
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Comfortable working long shifts and outdoors
- Solid understanding of how a kitchen is run and the operation of various equipment
To apply, send resumes to [email protected]
Job type: Seasonal